Luclin Brewing Guide
Brewing is a fairly easy tradeskill to raise in EQ, at first at least. You can take the skill almost all the way up to 200 just by vendor purchased items. Also for all those worrying, Brewing isn't only for making alcohol, you can also make other goodies used in different Tradeskills as well as drink which has stats on it, such as Qeynos Afternoon Tea.
Once the Gates of Discord expansion pack goes live there's an alternative method to raising every Tradeskill in the game to 54. I believe these quests to be a waste of time, however, they teach you recipes that can't be learned anywhere else and for that reason must be done at least once to reach 350 Brewing. If you're interested in learning more about the GoD Tradeskill Quests then follow the link provided.
Brewing 1 - 21
Train the first 21 ranks of Brewing at your Class Trainer if you want.
Jumjum Spiced Beer 1 - 150
Save the Jumjum Spiced Beer if you are also going to level Baking for Misty Thicket Picnics. If not just vendor them. This is honestly the best and most direct route possible, you'll need to make a halfling but it's non stop all the way to 150, no subcombines, no foraged crap all vendor bought, all cheap. Need I say more?
(Direct Route) Minotaur Hero's Brew 150 - 248
There are a few different things you can do with Brewing to go from 150 - 250 however Minotaur Hero's Brew is the most straight forward route with the least amount of farming. Thus, this guide primarily features it. If you'd like to see what other options are available check out my Classic Brewing Guide for more ideas.
Demi-Sec Champagne (250 Trivial)
This item is used in the Xanthe's Earring of Nature quest which is one of the most commonly done quests for Caster classes during the Luclin expansion. Due to this you'll most definitely be able to sell this item for a premium throughout the entire Luclin expansion and likely throughout all of PoP, LDoN and LoY too. Only in OoW and later do people really stop caring about this quest/item.
Kaladim Constitutional 240 - 300
This is probably the best thing you can make from 240 - 335 when it Trivials. Kaladim Constitutionals are in high demand as Stat Drinks considering they're so cheap and aren't nearly as much of a pain in the ass to make as Qeynos Afternoon Teas. So, luckily, any of these you do make if you don't use them you'll definitely be able to sell them.
(Direct Route) Brut Champagne 240 - 300
This is a secondary route instead of having to forage ground items in Kaladim (which a lot of people may be doing). The only difficult combine of this really is Champagne Magnum which you'll need an Enchanter to enchant a Gold Bar for and a Jeweler will have to do the whole combine, unless you have a high enough JC skill yourself.
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- Every Tradeskill gets an item called a Tradeskill Trophy introduced in the Prophecy of Ro expansion pack. If you'd like to learn more about them prior their introduction then follow the link provided. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Brewing Trophy.