World of Warcraft Guides
These are all of the guides I have for World of Warcraft Classic. I used to write guides for WoW but I quit writing guides around Cataclysm which means that all of these guides are out of date for live servers but they're all still very relevant for Classic - WoTLK.
World of Warcraft Guide Table of Contents
World of Warcraft Achievement Guides
Player Vs Player
- Alterac Valley
- Arathi Basin
- Eye of the Storm
- Warsong Gulch
- Strand of the Ancients
- Isle of Conquest
- Battle for Gilneas
- Twin Peaks
- Tol Barad
- Rated Battleground (Horde)
- Rated Battleground (Alliance)
Feats of Strength Achievement Guides
This page will be done a bit differently then the others. Since Feats of Strength don't come in any specific order and most of them aren't obtainable anymore. This page will list the Feats of Strength that are STILL obtainable by players.
Insane in the Membrane is a very time consuming achievement that requires you to max your reputation with 8 factions. When you max your reputation with each faction you will be rewarded "The Insane" title as well as this achievement.
Deathcharger's Reins drop from Baron Rivendare in Stratholme Undead Side. This is a very rare drop off Baron Rivendare, said to be 1/100 but more like 1/200. If you're going to farm for this mount be prepared to spend days maybe even weeks in Stratholme. Luckily at the same time you'll get Greater Eternal Essences, Illusion Dust, Large Brilliant Shards and Runecloth which will bring in a lot of extra cash for you.
Grand Black War Mammoth
The Grand Black War Mammoth is a very rare from any of the 3 bosses in the Vault of Archavon. You can get the mount in both 10man VoA as well as 25man VoA. The mount has roughly a 3% chance to drop, since it is so rare you will usually be competing with almost everyone else in the raid.
The Fiery Warhorse Mount is a rare drop from Attumen the Huntsmen who is the first boss in Karazhan. Depending on your class you may be able to solo him. If not, you can always bring a friend! This mount has a 1 in 100 chance to drop.
The Ashes of Al'ar are a very rare mount that drops off of Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep. This mount is a very tough mount to get since Kael is not an easy boss and you will also need to organize 15+ people every week in order to get it.
This achievement requires you to grind your Bloodsail Buccaneer reputation to friendly and complete the "Avast Ye, Admiral" quest. This quest requires you to kill two important NPC's in Booty Bay, Baron Revilgaz and Fleet Master Seahorn. After you complete the quest and turn it in you will officially be a Bloodsail Admiral! I recommend that if you even remotely consider going for The Insane achievement as well, that you raise the reputation to Honored.
This achievement requires you to get exalted with the Scryer and Aldor factions. Of course since raising one of these factions will lower the other one, you will not be required to be exalted with both of them at the same time.
The Raven Lord Mount is a rare drop from Anzu in Heroic: Sethekk Halls. Anzu can only be spawned by a Druid that has completed or is doing his Epic Flight Form Quest. Finding a Druid every day that is willing to do this instance or help you do it for the mount is the hardest part. The mount has roughly a 1% chance to drop..
Swift White Hawkstrider
The Swift White Hawkstrider is a rare drop from Kael'thalas in Heroic: Magisters' Terrace. Heroic Magisters' Terrace won't be that hard to solo depending on your class and gear. Pretty much everyone can solo it, if you do struggle bring a few pots or and or flasks. The only downside about trying to get this mount is you can only run it once a day and it has a 1 in 100 drop chance.
The Red Qiraji Battle Tank has the lowest drop rate of any of the battle tanks in AQ40. Usually you will only see one drop in a full clear. This is the reason it is a Feat of Strength to get it. Usually there will be a ton of competition to get the mount, combined with its 1-3% drop rate you gotta get really lucky.
Warglaives of Azzinoth
The Warglaives of Azzinoth drop from Illidan in Black Temple. They have a low drop rate, plus for the achievement you will need to loot both of the Warglavies. Usually you're pretty darn lucky if you see one drop, even more lucky if you get it. Seeing both of them drop and getting both of them. Play the lottery.
The Winterspring Frostsaber is only available to Alliance players. You can start the long reputation grind in northern Winterspring. The NPC that will start the grind is Rivern Frostwind. He will give you repeatable quests that you must complete in order to raise your reputation with the Wintersabers.
Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
Sulfuras can be crafted via a Blacksmith that has both the Eye of Sulfuras (drop from Ragnaros) and Sulfuron Hammer. A Blacksmith can turn in a Sulfuron Ingot to Lokhtos Darkbargainer in Blackrock Depths to receive the plans for the Sulfuron Hammer. Once you have the plans you can create the hammer. Then combine the Hammer with the Eye of Sulfuras to create Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros.
The Horsemen's Reins drop from The Headless Horsemen who can be summoned in Scarlet Monastery: Graveyard during the Hallow's End event in October. Players can summon him via the pumpkin head and patch of dirt behind the Pumpkin Head. The Headless Horsemen is a fairly easy fight. The easiest way to farm for this mount is by telling people they can have every drop off the Headless Horsemen aside from the mount that he drops.
Usually players will still be wanting other drops off the Horsemen, the mount would just be an added bonus too them.
Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
Thori'dal is a bow with roughly a 5% drop rate off of Kil'jaeden in Sunwell Plateau. Sunwell Plateau is a 25man level 70 instance. Usually at level 80 you'll need 20 or more people in order to complete this instance. If you're anything but a Hunter and there is a Hunter in the raid, chances are you'll create a big arguement if you even remotely show interest in this item.
Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
To obtain Thunderfury players must loot both the Right and Left Bindings of the Windseeker who drop from Garr and Baron Gedon in Molten Core. Once you get one of the halves you will be able to take it to Highlord Demitrian in Silithus. He will give you a quest to bring him the following:
Left and Right Bindings of the Windseeker
Essence of the Firelord (drop off Ragnaros when you have the quest)
10x Elementium Bars, obtained from smelting Elementium Ore
Once you have all of the materials bring a group of friends (or more) and return to Demitrian. He will summon Thunderaan who you must kill then loot the Dormant Wind Kissed Blade. The blade will start a quest which will need to be turned into Demitrian to receive your Thunderfury.
Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
In order to get the Val'anyr Hammer players must collect 30 fragments from the bosses of Ulduar 25man. The bosses don't always have a chance to drop the fragments so chances are this will take more then 30 kills to get each one. Including competition this could take awhile. When you get a fragment you will be able to accept the "Ancient History" quest which will lead to the quest you need to do for the Hammer itself.
In order to get the Venomhide Ravasaur mount Horde players will need to complete the dailies from Mor'vek in Un'goro Crater. Players will need to complete 20 days worth of dailies in order to get this mount. It will take awhile, but you only need to do one daily a day. The Alliance equivalent to this mount is the Wintersaber Reputation.
Farming Locations For 1 - 60
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Deviate Fish/Savory Deviate Delight
- The Barrens, Wailing Caverns Deviate Fish Fishing Areas (50 - 200g an hour, depending on server)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: *Druid Only* Stranglekelp Farming
- Stranglethorn Vale Stranglekelp Farming (15 - 20g an hour)
- Ashenvale Stranglekelp Farming (15g - 20g an hour)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Small Eggs (Only Good Around The Feast of the Winter Veil)
- Depends on your level. Usually 1-2g per egg (20-100g an hour depending on spawns and how fast you kill)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Spider's Silk Farming
- Stonetalon Mountains Spider's Silk Farming (15 - 20g an hour)
- Redridge Mountains Spider's Silk Farming (15 - 20g an hour)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Dark Whelpling
- Badlands Dark Whelpling Farming (25 - 500g an hour, depending on if you find the whelp and have skinning)
- Dustwallow Marsh Dark Whelping Farming (25 - 500g an hour, depending on if you find the whelp and have skinning)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Crimson Whelpling
- Farming the Crimson Whelpling in Wetlands (2 - 500g an hour, depends on if you find the whelp)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Emerald Whelpling
- Farming the Emerald Whelpling in Swamp of Sorrows (5 - 500g an hour, depending on if you find the whelp and have skinning)
Runecloth Farming Locations
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Crusader Enchant
- Western Plaguelands Crusader Enchant Farming (50 - 60 an hour, more if the enchant drops)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Disgusting Oozeling
- Disgusting Oozeling Farming in Felwood (15 - 450g an hour, depending on if you find the Oozeling)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Deviate Hatchling
- Farming for the Deviate Hatchling in Wailing Caverns (15 - 400g an hour, depending on if you find the hatchling)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Leaping Hatchling
- Farming for the Leaping Hatchling in The Barrens (5 - 250g an hour, depending on if you find the hatchling)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Ravasaur Hatchling
- Farming for the Ravasaur Hatchling in Un'goro Crater (75 - 150g an hour, an extra 250g if you find the hatchling, or more)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Darting Hatchling
- Farming for the Darting Hatchling in Dustwallow Marsh (25 - 75g an hour, an extra 250g if you find the hatchling, or more)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Razormaw Hatchling
- Farming for the Razormaw Hatchling in Wetlands (5 - 10g an hour, an extra 250g if you find the hatchling, or more)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Parrot Cage (Hycanith Macaw) From Pirates in STV
- Farming for Parrot Cage (Hycanith Macaw) (40 - 50g an hour, 10,000g if you find the Parrot Cage)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Sprite Darter Egg (BoP) *Horde Only*
- Farming for Sprite Darter Egg in Feralas (50 - 100g an hour depending on your Tradeskills)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Crawler Meat in Westfall
- Farming Crawler Meat in Westfall (20 - 200g an hour depending on level and demand)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Crawler & Clam Meat in Ashenvale
- Farming Crawler & Clam Meat in Ashenvale (20 - 100g an hour depending on level and demand)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Mining in the Old World
- Farming Mithril Ore in Badlands (200 - 300g an hour depending on your server)
- Farming Thorium Ore in Burning Steppes (200 - 300g an hour depending on your server)
- Farming Thorium Ore in Un'goro Crater (200 - 300g an hour depending on your server)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Herbalism in the Old World
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Skinning in the Old World
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Twilight Cultists in Silithus
- Farming Twilight Cultists in Silithus (30 - 50g an hour depending on your level)
Farming Locations for 60 - 70
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Captured Firefly Farming in Zangarmarsh
- Farming for the Captured Firefly (30 - 50g an hour depending on tradeskills)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Legion Hold Farming
- Farming Legion Hold (15 - 30g an hour)
Farming Locations For 70 - 80
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Wintergrasp
- Eternal Air Farming (50 - 100g an hour)
- Eternal Earth Farming (50 - 75g an hour)
- Eternal Fire Farming (75 - 100g an hour)
- Eternal Water Farming 75 - 100g an hour)
- Eternal Life Farming (125 - 145g an hour)
- Eternal Shadow Farming (25 - 50g an hour)
- Farming Herbs In Wintergrasp (400 - 500g an hour)
- Farming Mines in Wintergrasp (200 - 500g an hour)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: "Feast Materials"
- Chunk O' Mammoth Meat (200 - 300g an hour with skinning)
- Worm Meat (200 - 300g an hour with skinning)
- Shoveltusk Flank (150 - 250g an hour with skinning)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Eternal Air
- Eternal Air Farming In Storm Peaks (125 - 150g an hour)
- Eternal Air Farming In Grizzly Hills (75 - 100g an hour)
- Eternal Air Farming In Wintergrasp (75 - 125g an hour)
- Eternal Air, Earth and Water Farming In Sholazar Basin (75 - 100g an hour)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Eternal Earth
- Eternal Earth Farming In Storm Peaks (50 - 100g an hour)
- Eternal Earth, Air and Water Farming In Sholazar Basin (75 - 100g an hour)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Eternal Water
- Eternal Water Farming In Storm Peaks (75 - 100g an hour)
- Eternal Water & Fire Farming In Borean Tundra (50 - 75g an hour)
- Eternal Water Farming In Dragonblight (50 - 75g an hour)
- Eternal Water, Air and Earth Farming In Sholazar Basin (75 - 100g an hour)
- Eternal Water Farming In Wintergrasp (75 - 100g an hour)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Eternal Shadow
- Eternal Shadow Farming In Wintergrasp (25 - 30g an hour, No, really, Eternal Shadow is now pretty much worthless)
- Eternal Shadow Farming In Dragonblight (5 - 15g an hour, No, really, Eternal Shadow is now pretty much worthless)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Eternal Life
- Eternal Life Farming In Wintergrasp (200 - 350g an hour)
- Eternal Life Farming In Zul'drak (50 - 75g an hour)
Almar's WoW Farming Locations: Eternal Fire
- Eternal Fire Farming In Borean Tundra (75 - 100g an hour)
- Eternal Fire Farming In Storm Peaks (125 - 150g an hour)
- Eternal Fire Farming In Wintergrasp (100 - 125g an hour)
Farming Locations for 80 - 85
World of Warcraft Profession Guides
This page contains a list of each of the Tradeskills available to players in WoW and will give you a guide on the fastest, cheapest and best possible way to raise these Tradeskills. Also, included in each of the guides is the best possible way for you to profit off that Tradeskill and what other Tradeskill pairs well with it. I also include in the guides what each "unique" ability each Tradeskill offers to you. For example, Enchanting is ring enchants, Blacksmithing is extra sockets and Engineering is unique enchants.
I broke this page up into two different sections, one is for the WoW Primary Profession guides, which each player is allowed to have two of and the second half is for Secondary Professions. Everyone is able to have all of the Secondary Professions aside from Lockpicking which is Rogue specific. To get started click on the Tradeskill below that you would like to know more about.
World of Warcraft Instance Guides
Instances are WoW's version of dungeon crawls. Some Instances are allowed to be repeated, daily or weekly others however, have Lockout Timers. Added with patch 3.1 players are able to extend the lockout timer of a instance if they so choose. Each one of my instance guides contain drops, boss strategies and achievements for that instance. To view a guide please click on the instance you would like to see below.
Classic Instance Guides
Burning Crusade Instance Guides
The Slave Pens
Old Hillsbrad: Durnholde
Wrath of The Lich King Instance Guides
World of Warcraft Reputation Guides
Below I've listed all of the reputations that are currently in the game. When you click on that reputation it will bring you to my page for that reputation. It will give you a quick run down of each reputation and the easiest way to raise it. Each page will have a detailed guide and video to help you. The reputations are listed in the order they appear in the reputation tab in game.
Classic Reputation Guides
Brood of Nozdormu
Gelkis Clan Centaur
Magram Clan Centaur
Horde & Alliance Specific
The Burning Crusade Reputation Guides
Wrath of the Lich King Reputation Guides
Cataclysm Reputation Guides