House of Thule (HoT) Fletching Guide
Fletching is a popular Tradeskill amongst Rangers and pullers since they need arrows the most. That's not all you can make with Fletching though! There's many different types of Bows added in during the Planes of Power expansion pack which sell for a butt load since they're used for Tribute turn ins later in the game. What ever reason you're raising the skill, the first 200 or so points will be quite easy for you to do since all of the materials you will be using are vendor purchased.
Once the Gates of Discord expansion pack goes live there's an alternative method to raising every Tradeskill in the game to 54. I believe these quests to be a waste of time, however, they teach you recipes that can't be learned anywhere else and for that reason must be done at least once to reach 350 Fletching. If you're interested in learning more about the GoD Tradeskill Quests then follow the link provided.
Alternative Route: If Immaculate Silk is cheaper on your server I recommend you use my Seeds of Destruction Fletching Guide.
Alternative Route: If Flawless Silk is cheaper on your server I recommend you use my Secrets of Faydwer Fletching Guide.
Alternative Route: Farm Leopard Intestines (262 Triv) to save money or use Superb Silk with my The Serpent's Spine Fletching Guide.
Alternative Route: If Sunshard Pebbles and Sunshard Ore are cheap on your server you can raise both Fletching and Jewelcrafting at the same time using my The Buried Sea Fletching Guide!
Class 6 Wood Point Arrow 1 - 202
All four of the items you need to make Class 6 Wood Point Arrows are sold by Fletcher Lenvale in the Plane of Knowledge. There's many more vendors that sell all four but that one is likely the universal most easy to access.
Extravagant Recurve Bow String (258 Trivial)
Save all of these that you make since we're going to need them for the final combine.
1 Clump of Wax
2 Fantastic Silk
Extravagant Staff (284 Trivial)
Again, save every Extravagant Staff that you make since we're going to be using them for the very next combine which will get us to 300.
1 Darkwood Bow Staff
1 Fantastic Silk
Extravagant Infused Recurve Bow (508 Trivial)
1 Dream Dust
1 Extravagant Recurve Bow String
1 Extravagant Staff
1 Fantastic Spinneret Fluid
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Fletching Trophy.