The Serpent's Spine Fletching Guide
Fletching is a popular Tradeskill amongst Rangers and pullers since they need arrows the most. That's not all you can make with Fletching though! There's many different types of Bows added in during the Planes of Power expansion pack which sell for a butt load since they're used for Tribute turn ins later in the game. What ever reason you're raising the skill, the first 200 or so points will be quite easy for you to do since all of the materials you will be using are vendor purchased.
Once the Gates of Discord expansion pack goes live there's an alternative method to raising every Tradeskill in the game to 54. I believe these quests to be a waste of time, however, they teach you recipes that can't be learned anywhere else and for that reason must be done at least once to reach 350 Fletching. If you're interested in learning more about the GoD Tradeskill Quests then follow the link provided.
Alternative Route: If Sunshard Pebbles and Sunshard Ore are cheap on your server you can raise both Fletching and Jewelcrafting at the same time using my The Buried Sea Fletching Guide!
Class 6 Wood Point Arrow 1 - 202
All four of the items you need to make Class 6 Wood Point Arrows are sold by Fletcher Lenvale in the Plane of Knowledge. There's many more vendors that sell all four but that one is likely the universal most easy to access.
Elaborate Recurve Bow String (184 Trivial)
You will want to make these for a later combine that we'll use to reach 300 Fletching. The reason these are listed after the recipe above despite having a lower trivial is because this recipe uses materials which are actually costly. You don't want to make this to raise your skill but rather to for the item itself.
1 Clump of Wax
2 Superb Silk
Elaborate Staff (224 Trivial)
Much like the Elaborate Recurve Bow String you'll need a bunch of Elaborate Staffs in order to do the final combine to reach 300 Fletching. Both of these items are used in crafting Elaborate Recurve Bows which have a Trivial of 375.
1 Oak Bow Staff
1 Planing Tool
1 Superb Silk
Fletcher Ceramic Clay (262 Trivial)
This is a great combine that was added in The Serpent's Spine expansion pack to close down the gap between 200 - 300. All it takes is for you to farm the leopards which roam around The Steppes, a zone added during TSS. Defeat them for the Leopard Intestines that you need.
1 Clump of Wax
1 Gnomish Heat Source
1 Leopard Intestines
1 Small Block of Magic Clay
Elaborate Recurve Bow (375 Trivial)
Using the Elaborate Recurve Bow Strings we made earlier as well as the Elaborate Staff you'll want to create the Elaborate Recurve Bow to reach 300 Fletching.
1 Elaborate Recurve Bow String
1 Elaborate Staff
1 Fine Sandpaper
1 Planing Tool
1 Recurve Bow Diagram
1 Superb Spinneret Fluid
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Fletching Trophy.