Old Sebilis - Post Mercenary Leveling Guide
I recommend you hang out around the northern Crossroads portion of Old Sebilis for levels 50 - 55. This area is marked with the large light blue box on the map above. Also as you can see in the center of this area it says "Teleporter" on the map above. This is the zone out.
As the map suggests you should stay in the light blue box area until level 55. Once you hit 55 you can start cautiously pushing your way down to the south where Disco 1 and 2 are. Alternatively you could also hunt Chef on the opposite side of the zone but I don't like that side as much as disco (personal preference).
Make your way through the zone slowly - the frogloks here are rather weak but they have a tendancy to bolt when they get low on health and the pathing in this zone isn't all that good. The froglok could end up making a run for it as your mercenary runs back and forth in the same location trying to reach him... As you could imagine this usually ends poorly for you.
If you're solo I would recommend you stay in the northern portion of the Disco camp, where Disco 1 is. The map above cuts off the two southern most rooms at the Disco 2 camp which are where the most difficult enemies and nameds spawn for these camps.
Now as for the loot in this zone - you're going to want to keep just about everything you come across. Keep all of the gems as they're the biggest money makers here, the spells since they vendor for 30pp + each and even hang onto the Wax Flowers and Nodding Blue Lillies!
These two items won't have much Bazaar value but if you're playing on the Daybreak official EQ servers and not some emulator you may be surprised to know that all Tradeskill items now stack to 1000. The Wax Flowers may not vendor for much as a single item but with how many drop and the fact that they stack - they'll eventually vendor for a lot!!
Depending on how your inventory micro managing is going you may want to leave Mithril Amulets, Emerald Rings and other vendor trash that takes up an entire inventory slot. While valuable they aren't worth an entire inventory slot if you have room for more stackable items.
- The fastest way for you to reach Old Sebilis is by getting a port to Emerald Jungle from a wizard or druid. If PoP is out the fastest way here without a port is by taking The Cabilis stone and traveling through EJ.
- There is a raid boss in this zone, Trakanon.
- This zone gets revamped once a year to a level 105 version during Hardcore Heritage.
- If you're having trouble managing your Inventory Space I highly recommend you invest in some Extraplanar Trade Satchels which are 32 Slot Tradeskill Bags. Alternatively you could also buy Unexpanded Tailored Backpacks as well. Though, the Backpacks will likely be more expensive. Follow the links provided to learn more about each item.
- If you need more plat while leveling I strongly recommend you check out my How to make more plat while leveling by Bartering Guide. It'll give you a list of all the different items you should be keeping an eye out for to Barter/Sell!
Old Sebilis Original Almar's EQ Leveling Guide
This guide may contain errors or inaccuracies since the game has changed a lot since I wrote it.
It also contains a lot of information not found on this page about the zone and the mobs in it.