Chardok - Post Mercenary Leveling Guide
This covers the entrance area and some of the lowest level mobs in Chardok. All around the top of Chardok the mobs are fairly easy; on the map above the "easy" part would be everything above The Bridge Keeper. Once you start getting further south into the Interrogator's camp or further west through the graveyard the mobs start getting a bit harder.
If the mobs up top are a bit too easy for you I recommend you go into the tunnels, which is shown in the picture below rather than anywhere else in the zone. The tunnels have mobs which are much more spaced out and the margin for error is much greater than it is if you venture into the royals area (which is the area to the west in the picture above past the graveyard).
I recommend you clear around Overseer Dal'guur, Underboss Myli'ki and Foreman Mirt'akk on the map above. These will be the easier areas of the tunnels and will let you safely get some EXP. If you wanna take some risks then clear around Kennel Master Al'ele and Deathfang.
The area around Deathfang is extremely densely populated so you're going to have a pretty tough time there if you're not well prepared. Small boxers or anyone that's well enough geared and actually helping their merc kill rather than depending on them *should* be able to handle this area.
These areas in Chardok will still be dark blue at level 60 and will give you decent EXP all the way until level 65. It'll start to slow down the closer to level 65 you get (obviously) but staying here until then would be an overall good decision as it'll give you some time to grind more Defiant Gear as well as plat.
I'd recommend you keep all the spells and gems that drop in this zone as the spells stack and sell to a vendor for 30pp + each. The gems should be obvious of why we're keeping them - they stack and sell for tons more plat than the spells!
- You can reach Chardok by taking the PoK stone to The Overthere. From The Overthere it's a medium run to Chardok. Follow the link for a guide on how to get here.
- This zone was remade and rereleased during the EoK expansion - this guide is for the Chardok off Burning Woods on Kunark.
- If you're having trouble managing your Inventory Space I highly recommend you invest in some Extraplanar Trade Satchels which are 32 Slot Tradeskill Bags. Alternatively you could also buy Unexpanded Tailored Backpacks as well. Though, the Backpacks will likely be more expensive. Follow the links provided to learn more about each item.
- If you need more plat while leveling I strongly recommend you check out my How to make more plat while leveling by Bartering Guide. It'll give you a list of all the different items you should be keeping an eye out for to Barter/Sell!
- Connected to Chardok you'll also find a zone called Chardok B. It has a mixture of undead and living enemies and makes a decent place to hunt for the 60 - 70 level range. I have an older AA Leveling Guide for Chardok B which I preserved from my older EQ section. If you'd like to know more about the zone head over to that guide!