Horadric Cube 'Caster Item' Recipes - Diablo 2

Caster Amulet Recipe

This section includes all of the 'Caster Items' that you can make using the Horadric Cube. All of these recipes take a piece of Magic (Blue) equipment as well as a Perfect Amethyst, a Jewel and a specific High Rune. The rarity of Jewel you use doesn't matter and it doesn't affect the final combine if you use a rare one or a cheap one; so use a cheap one.

 

Horadric Cube Gem Recipes

Horadric Cube Potion Recipes

Horadric Cube High Rune Recipes
- List of Armor Rune Words
- List of Helm Rune Words
- List of Shield Rune Words
- List of Weapon Rune Words

Horadric Cube Weapons and Armor Recipes
- Horadric Cube Gambling for Socket Recipes
- Horadric Cube How to Ebug Armor
- Horadric Cube Upgrading Weapons & Armor

Horadric Cube Rare Crafted Gear Recipes
- Blood Item Recipes
- Caster Item Recipes
- Hitpower Item Recipes
- Safety Recipes
- Best Recipes to Gamble for Rare Items

Horadric Cube Jewelry Recipes

Horadric Cube Misc Recipes

Horadric Cube Charm and Amulet Gambling

 

Crafted items in Diablo 2 always have 3 - 4 fixed properties and can roll up to an additional 4 properties if the conditions are met. There are four different categories of properties which are made for different builds and classes, recipes for all of them can be found below. It's up to you to pick which fixed properties are more important to you then you can gamble for the other properties that you want.

Depending on the ilvl of the item created it will get a certain amount of random affixes on it. Below is a list from Arreat Summit (and every other Diablo 2 website) on what ilvl the item has to be in order to roll the amount of affixes that you want. The ilvl of the item is determined the same way that a Rare item's ilvl is.

At ilvls 1-30, there's a 40% chance of 1 affix and a 20% chance each of 2, 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 31-50, there's a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 51-70, there's an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes.
At ilvls 71+, there's a 100% chance of 4 affixes.

To determine a Crafted Item's ilvl you'll need to know the ilvl of the item you're using to craft as well as do some math with your character level. It's a complicated math problem that you can find more information about on Arreat Summit and Diablo 2 wikia. What I can do for you is summarize what you need to know.

1. Your character level matters. The higher your level the better but being at least level 93 will allow you to craft everything.
2. The item's ilvl matters. There is a reason that so many people farm areas with Area Level 85 (Ancient Tunnels, Chaos Sanctuary, Baal Runs). These zones drop the highest ilvl items.

You will get a 100% chance of all 4 affixes when you craft an item from a level 85 zone with a character that's at least 80+. However, you won't be able to get the very best affixes in the game (on some items) unless you have a character level of 93 and are using an item from an area with an area level of 85. You can check what all of the affix levels are on this page.

For the most part Rings, Helms and Amulets are the 3 items that you'll definitely want to use a level 93 character when you craft them. For the rest of the pieces you can craft like Weapons, Shields, Boots, Body Armor, Gloves and Belts the best affixes that can roll on these items are 10 ilvls below the best affixes that can roll on Rings, Helms and Amulets. What this means is you can use either a lower level character or a lower ilvl item and still get the best rolls possible.

 

 

Magic ScepterMagic Scepter, Staff or Wand + Purple JewelJewel + Tir RuneTir Rune + Perfect AmethystPerfect Amethyst = Magic ScepterCaster Weapon

Fixed Affixes:
4 - 10% Regenerate Mana
+ 10 - 20 to Mana
1 - 5% Mana Stolen Per Hit

 

Magic MaskMagic Mask, Death Mask or Demonhead + Green JewelJewel + Nef RuneNef Rune + Perfect AmethystPerfect Amethyst = Magic MaskCaster Mask

Fixed Affixes:
4 - 10% Regenerate Mana
+ 10 - 20 to Mana
1 - 4% Mana Stolen Per Hit

 

Magic Light PlateMagic Light Plate, Mage Plate or Archon Plate + Blue JewelJewel + Tal RuneTal Rune + Perfect AmethystPerfect Amethyst = Magic Light PlateCaster Armor

Fixed Affixes:
4 - 12% Regenerate Mana
+ 10 - 20 to Mana
1 - 3 Mana Per Kill

 

Magic Leather GlovesMagic Leather Gloves Demonhide Gloves or Bramble Mitts + White JewelJewel + Ort RuneOrt Rune + Perfect AmethystPerfect Amethyst = Magic Leather GlovesCaster Gloves

Fixed Affixes:
4 - 10% Regenerate Mana
+ 10 - 20 to Mana
1 - 3 Mana Per Kill

 

Magic Light BeltMagic Light Belt, Sharkskin Belt or Vampirefang Belt + Red JewelJewel + Ith RuneIth Rune + Perfect AmethystPerfect Amethyst = Magic Light BeltCaster Belt

Fixed Affixes:
4 - 10% Regenerate Mana
+ 10 - 20 to Mana
5 - 10% Faster Cast Rate

 

Magic BootsMagic Boots, Demonhide Boots or Wyrmhide Boots + Purple JewelJewel + Thul RuneThul Rune + Perfect AmethystPerfect Amethyst = Magical BootsCaster Boots

Fixed Affixes:
4 - 10% Regenerate Mana
+ 10 - 20 to Mana
+ 2 - 5% Max Mana

 

Magic Round ShieldMagic Small Shield, Round Shield, Luna + Red JewelJewel + Eth RuneEth Rune + Perfect AmethystPerfect Amethyst = Magic Round ShieldCaster Shield

Fixed Affixes:
4 - 10% Regenerate Mana
+ 10 - 20 to Mana
+ 5 - 10 Increased Chance of Blocking

 

Magic AmuletMagic Amulet + White JewelJewel + Ral RuneRal Rune + Perfect AmethystPerfect Amethyst = Magic AmuletCaster Amulet

Fixed Affixes:
4 - 10% Regenerate Mana
+ 10 - 20 to Mana
5 - 10% Faster Cast Rate

 

Magic RingMagic Ring + Blue JewelJewel + Amn RuneAmn Rune + Perfect AmethystPerfect Amethyst = Magic RingCaster Ring

Fixed Affixes:
4 - 10% Regenerate Mana
+ 10 - 20 to Mana
+ 1 - 5 to Energy