House of Thule Baking Guide
Baking is an excellent Tradeskill for those looking to make food that increases your attributes. Baking offers a great assortment of different delicacies for you to make which can increase your overall Health, Mana, Attributes and the best food of all also increase your AC! A good tip for those who don't know, you can actually use food that increases your AC on level 1 characters making them extraordinarily powerful for that level!
This route covers one of the more costly ways to raise the Tradeskill but it's one of the most direct approaches available to you. In some cases, depending on your server, you'll be able to sell a lot of what you make which of course is always nice! I strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process.
It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill.
Alternative Route: If you don't mind farming old school PoP zones Jord Meat Pie, Mephit Sandwich and Hobgoblin Surprise will get you to 300 instead! Check out my PoP Baking Guide!
Prepared Dream Meat 1 - 82
Save all of these that you make for the next recipe that we'll be making.
Before going further ahead into the Tradeskill it's highly recommended that you stop first to get the Baking Trophy. The Apprentice Baking Test is the easiest and least time consuming of them all to do so it's very wise to stop now and complete it before you reach 300 Baking.
Dreamburger Paradise 82 - 300
Save all of these you make to either eat yourself or sell them in The Bazaar to recoup some of the money you spent on raising the Tradeskill.
Loaf of Bread
Prepared Dream Meat
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Baking Trophy .