The Darkened Sea Brewing Guide
Brewing is an excellent Tradeskill for those out there looking to make drink that increases your attributes! Brewing offers more than just stat boosting drinks, it also allows you to brew up some Alcohol to get smashed with! Alcohol doesn't have many practical uses in EQ except you'll need to raise it for a few esoteric encounters throughout the game (like a mission in Neriak CoTF X-pac). Along with the aforementioned goodies Brewing also covers some potions that didn't fit into Alchemy.
This route covers one of the more costly ways to raise the Tradeskill but it's one of the most direct approaches available to you. In some cases, depending on your server, you'll be able to sell a lot of what you make which of course is always nice! I strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process. It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill.
Before you go nuts and start Brewing up a storm - I recommend you stop at 50 - 99 Brewing and complete the Brewing Trophy Quest if you plan to take this Tradeskill stuff seriously! It isn't required you do it now but it'll save you mucho time later on if you take some time to finish it in the early levels of your Tradeskill.
Alternate Route: If Dream Dust is cheaper on your server then you may want to consider following my HoT Brewing Guide instead!
Alternate Route: If Chronal Resonance Dust isn't expensive on your server then you may want to consider my SoD Brewing Guide instead!
Jumjum Spiced Beer 1 - 150
Save the Jumjum Spiced Beer if you are also going to level Baking for Misty Thicket Picnics. If not just vendor them. This is honestly the best and most direct route possible, you'll need to make a halfling but it's non stop all the way to 150, no subcombines, no foraged crap all vendor bought, all cheap. Need I say more?
I'm going to warn you one last time before the guide continues to stop raising Brewing and complete the Brewing Trophy quest! Once you max out your Brewing the quest arguably takes 10x longer to complete than it does at the lower Tradeskill levels.
(Direct Route) Minotaur Hero's Brew 150 - 248
There are a few different things you can do with Brewing to go from 150 - 250 however Minotaur Hero's Brew is the most straight forward route with the least amount of farming. Thus, this guide primarily features it. If you'd like to see what other options are available check out my Classic Brewing Guide for more ideas.
Brewed Chocolate (268 Trivial)
2 Bottle of Milk
1 Relic Fragments
Mana Infusion (402 Trivial)
3 Relic Fragments
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Brewing Trophy.