Frontier Mountains - EoK Leveling Guide
This zone is huge. The best part of it though is literally almost nothing at all sees invisibility in this zone. I just auto ran across the entire zone each time I needed to go somewhere and went AFK or alt tabbed without worrying about anything attacking me.
As you can see in the map above, I have four different camps marked... Northern Sarnak Camp, Western Sarnak Camp, Burynai and Giant Camp. The two sarnak camps are probably the best locations for EXP here, the Burynai isn't too shabby either and that camp will see a lot less traffic than the sarnaks.
The Sarnaks also drop collectibles which is another added bonus to hunting them. Finally you have the Giant Camp. This is probably the worst camp for EXP and it has the most annoying named (he gets you drunk) PLUS the annoying giants knock back... So why even bother listing it, right? Giant Lymph Nodes.
These are used in the second to last partisan quest in EoK, Methods of Sarnak Destruction. Due to how completely annoying these are to farm many people are looking to buy them in The Bazaar and skip farming them. You need two of them to complete the Partisan quest and you'll only find a dozen or so an hour while hunting here. Since not much is droppable on live servers - these have quite a bit of value in comparison to the rest of the stuff you can get while farming here. That's literally the only reason I placed this camp on the list.
Northern Sarnak Camp Nameds:
Western Sarnak Camp Nameds:
Giant Fort Nameds:
Along with the above camps, there's also some really good locations to solo and duo in Frontier Mountains too. Just north of where you zone in from Scorched Woods you will find a large group of bears that are spread out enough to always get them as single pulls. I'm pretty sure they're immune to snare effects though - someone correct me if I am wrong in the comments please.
In the northeastern portion of the zone you'll find a large gathering of wolves (just west of the Gates of Kor-Sha zone line). Much like the bears, these are a bunch of animals all spread out enough to easily single pull them all.
Finally the last location that I believe is the best of all three, hungry brutes which are just south of Skarp, a mercenary quest giver. These enemies are yeti monsters which are all spaced out across the mountain side; much like before - extremely easy to fight one enemy at a time. I chose this camp as the best one to solo at because the hungry brutes drop a collections set and the bears and wolves do not. So it'll be an added bonus in terms of both EXP (AAs from the collections) and maybe a few plat in The Bazaar for any collectibles you don't need.
Note: None of these three solo or duo camps have named enemies.
Pickzone Threshold: 60 Players
- In order to get to Frontier Mountains you'll want to travel through Scorched Woods or through The Overthere; for more information head over to my How to Get to Frontier Mountains (EoK) Guide.
- There are four sets of collectibles that you can find in this zone belonging to the Trailblazing Achievement.
- This is the Empires of Kunark version of Frontier Mountains! If you are looking for the Ruins of Kunark Frontier Mountains version of this zone instead (for players 30 - 50) please follow the link provided to be taken there!
- In the southern portion of the zone you will find Praetor Aberic who gives you an HA called Goblins and Fools. This is part of the Temple of Droga Mercenary Achievement as well as a rather good HA for boxers to grind if you're looking for EXP and plat.
- There are rare items unique to Empires of Kunark and Ring of Scale zones called chase items. For an Advloot list of all these chase items that you can use on your own characters head over to my EoK Advloot Chase Item List page and copy and paste it into your own LF_AN file. More info about how to do that is found on this page.
Frontier Mountains EQResource Zone Information