Secrets of Faydwer (SoF) Tailoring Guide
Tailoring in Everquest is used to craft Cloth and Leather armor for those who can use it throughout the game. Most of the modern day armor it crafts is basic Prestige gear when they take the time to raise the level cap. There's some other general rewards it has here and there that are decent. Regardless of its rewards raising it is required for other goodies like Artisan's Prize.
I also strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process. It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill.
Before you get started with Tailoring I strongly recommend you stop early on between 50 - 99 and do your Tailoring Trophy Quest. It's easiest to do during these early levels of the Tradeskill and if you're going to take the Tradeskill seriously it'll be best to get it out of the way now.
Alternative Route: If Superb Animal Pelts and Superb Silk are cheaper on your server I recommend you use my The Serpent's Spine Tailoring Guide.
Alternative Route: If Excellent Silk and Natural Silk is cheaper on your server I recommend you use my Dragons of Norrath Tailoring Guide.
Flawless Hilt Wrap 1 - 242
Vendor all of the Flawless Hilt Wraps that you make from doing this.
Flawless Animal Pelt
Hickory Handled Shears
Flawless Silk Gorget Template (386 Trivial)
Much like the Hilt Wraps before them, you'll want to vendor any of the Flawless Silk Gorget Templates that you make. They aren't even used in any other recipes... They're kinda just useless items made for you to raise your Tradeskills!
Flawless Leather Gorget Template 222(242) - 300
Depending on what's cheaper on your server, determines the route you'll want to follow. Flawless Animal Pelts or Flawless Silk are your two options, both of them you'll want to make Gorgets which have no real use outside of vendoring.
Flawless Animal Pelt
- After the Gates of Discord expansion pack goes live there's an alternative method to raising every Tradeskill in the game to 54. I believe these quests to be a waste of time, however, they teach you recipes that can't be learned anywhere else and for that reason must be done at least once to reach 350 Smithing. If you're interested in learning more about the GoD Tradeskill Quests then follow the link provided.
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Tailoring Trophy.