Prophecy of Ro (PoR) Tailoring Guide
Tailoring in Everquest is used to craft Cloth and Leather armor for those who can use it throughout the game. Most of the modern day armor it crafts is basic Prestige gear when they take the time to raise the level cap. There's some other general rewards it has here and there that are decent. Regardless of its rewards raising it is required for other goodies like Artisan's Prize.
I also strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process. It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill.
Before you get started with Tailoring I strongly recommend you stop early on between 50 - 99 and do your Tailoring Trophy Quest. It's easiest to do during these early levels of the Tradeskill and if you're going to take the Tradeskill seriously it'll be best to get it out of the way now.
Tailored Excellent Backpack (159 Trivial)
This is one of the more expensive ways for you to raise Tailoring but you'll be able to make back a lot of what you spend on the materials through selling the Backpacks that you make. Excellent Silk and Animal Pelts are dropped from enemies between the levels of 55 and 70.
1 Excellent Animal Pelt
2 Excellent Silk
1 Tailored Backpack Pattern
Natural Silk Belt Template (200 Trivial)
The Natural Silk that you need for this recipe commonly drops off humanoid enemies between the levels of 40 - 55. I'd recommend you try to buy what you can out of The Bazaar though. If you frequently check The Baz you'll find this stuff for pretty cheap.
4 Natural Silk
Pristine Silk Wristband Template (234 Trivial)
The Pristine Silk that you need for this recipe commonly drops from Humanoid enemies between the levels of 40 - 60. I'd recommend you frequently check The Bazaar if you're looking to raise your Tailoring as you'll often find some listed for cheap.
2 Pristine Silk
Fine Silk Wristband Template (272 Trivial)
The Fine Silk that you need for this recipe commonly drops from Humanoid enemies between the levels of 50 - 65. I'd recommend you frequently check The Bazaar if you're looking to raise your Tailoring as you'll often find some listed for cheap.
2 Fine Silk
Excellent Silk Wristband Template (310 Trivial)
The Excellent Silk that you need for this recipe drops from enemies between the levels of 55 and 70. I'd recommend that you search The Bazaar for any at a cheap price or start up a buyer and trying to buy some.
2 Excellent Silk
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Tailoring Trophy.