The Buried Sea Pottery Guide
Pottery allows the player to make a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. There's such a wide range of things that it would be impossible to describe it all here =P - Much like with the other Tradeskills I have chosen a rather direct route to maxing out Pottery which will save the player a lot of time. If you'd like a less expensive route, try a Pottery guide from an earlier expansion.
I also strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process. It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill.
Before you get super into Pottery and pass 99 skill level I strongly recommend you visit West Freeport and complete the Apprentice Pottery Test. This quest will reward you with the Pottery Trophy which is extremely useful for those looking to maximize their potential in this Tradeskill.
Iron Infused Energeiac Clay (135 Trivial)
Small Block of Magic Clay
Unfired Dull Energeian Earth Orb (170 Trivial)
There are a total of four different Unfired Dull Energeian Orbs that you can make, each of them require a different "Distilled Essence of <Elemental Type>". For my example I am going to use Earth but if you'd like to make Air, Fire or Ice you can feel free to.
Distilled Essence of Earth
Dull Energeian Sketch
Iron Infused Energeiac Clay
Vial of Viscous Mana
Silver Infused Energeiac Clay (290 Trivial)
Save all of these that you make as we'll be using them for the next recipe.
Pure Silver Ingot
Small Block of Magic Clay
Unfired Translucent Energeian Light Orb (436 Trivial)
Much like the aforementioned Dull Energeian Orb combine, there's multiple different types of Translucent Powersources that you can make. I chose Light because that's one that is universally useful since it primarily boosts your HP. This is the same type of Powersource they start all Heroic Characters with too.
1 Distilled Essence of Light
1 Silver Infused Energeiac Clay
1 Translucent Energeian Sketch
1 Vial of Distilled Mana
- If you are going to make Power Sources to sell I strongly recommend the Metal ones. Tanks are the most important class to min/max on so their Power Sources will always sell the most.
- After the Gates of Discord expansion pack goes live there's an alternative method to raising every Tradeskill in the game to 54. I believe these quests to be a waste of time, however, they teach you recipes that can't be learned anywhere else and for that reason must be done at least once to reach 350 Smithing. If you're interested in learning more about the GoD Tradeskill Quests then follow the link provided.
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Pottery Trophy.