The Buried Sea (TBS) Jewelcrafting Guide
Jewelcrafting is most popular in EQ amongst Enchanters since they are one of the only classes capable of Enchanting Bars as well as other neccessary items that are used in this profession. This isn't to say that the Tradeskill is pointless to level for non Enchanters, just that it will be much harder and generally more costly.
Once the Gates of Discord expansion pack goes live there's an alternative method to raising every Tradeskill in the game to 54. I believe these quests to be a waste of time, however, they teach you recipes that can't be learned anywhere else and for that reason must be done at least once to reach 350 Jewelcrafting. If you're interested in learning more about the GoD Tradeskill Quests then follow the link provided.
Copper Conduit (210 Trivial)
You'll want to save every Copper Conduit that you make because we need them for the very next recipe that we're going to be creating. Keep in mind that the route we're taking for Jewelcrafting is primarily to help us raise our Fletching Tradeskill as well.
If you'd rather spend more money and do less over all combines just skip to the Silver Conduit instead. Sunshard Ore is generally more expensive than the Sunshard Pebbles so I recommend you skill up as much as you can first on the recipes that require Sunshard Pebbles.
1 Pure Copper Ingot
1 Sunshard Pebble
Silver Conduit (290 Trivial)
You'll want to save every Silver Conduit that you make because we need them for the very next recipe that we're going to be creating. Keep in mind that the route we're taking for Jewelcrafting is primarily to help us raise our Fletching Tradeskill as well.
1 Pure Silver Ingot
1 Sunshard Ore
Copper Conduit Large Core (250 Trivial)
All Copper Conduit Large Cores that you make you'll want to save because we're going to use them to raise our Fletching. I talk about this much more in my Fletching Guide but, the item we're going to be making with these via Fletching is a Shining Energeiac Bow.
1 Conduit Large Core Pattern
3 Copper Conduit
Silver Conduit Large Core (330 Trivial)
All Silver Conduit Large Cores that you make you'll want to save that way we can use them in Fletching. Those of you interested in also raising your Fletching I highly recommend you follow the TBS Fletching Guide that I have which'll teach you to craft Glowing Energeiac Bows, an item with a 330 Trivial.
1 Conduit Large Core Pattern
3 Silver Conduit
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Jewelcrafting Trophy.