Classic Leveling Guide - The Hole
The Hole Castle/Entrance
- The entrance area leading up to the castle is a great spot for players 30 - 40. With a friend or two you'll easily be able to kill the elementals in this area for some decent XP.
- The Castle camp is great for groups of players 45 +
The Hole - Rest of the zone
-The "City" part of the zone has Elementals, flying Imps and Rats which are the easier enemies to kill. Harder than these guys are the rock golems you find which have a lot of HP and resists as well as being a much higher level than the aforementioned enemies.
- In the center area of the zone below the red circle on my map above you'll find the Docks. This camp is great for a group 45+ that's looking for privacy and XP
- The Purple area on my map above is where you can find "The Undead" in the zone. This is a tower of Undead and it will be extremely hard even for a group of well prepared 50s. I recommend you only tackle this area if you're in a group larger than 6.
- The Red area on the map above is where Master Yael can be found, the raid boss in this zone. It's also the same pool of water that you drop in from when entering through Paineel.
Additional Information about The Hole
- This zone gets revamped in a much later expansion, I think during Underfoot or Seeds of Destruction.