As many of you know, I have been around for years, I just celebrated my 5 year anniversary for two whole years! Well, I have been thinking recently, most of you know why, Ragefire. If you don't know let me get you started:
This update and all future updates I think will be in regards to this server entirely. Before this server was announced Almar's Guides was pretty much an abandoned project as it just wasn't financially viable. The game I got the most attention for was Everquest, it was always Everquest I enjoyed writing guides for and actually kinda started writing guides for. This game is complex and I like explaining it to the average folks so they can enjoy it too.
I think I am going to start doing that again.
I am about 90% invested into this project but all of the tells I have gotten in game on Almar have really swayed me toward a full 100%. I mean really guys, all the love is much appreciated. If I honestly start writing guides again you would have single handedly pulled the website back from the brink of its death. Also, this would be the last hoorah for me so to speak. I'll most likely only ever do Everquest 1 and this progression server(s). I started writing guides because I thought it was going to be financially viable, it wasn't. It still isn't, it is up because I know how much it means to everyone and this server is huge.
Not without a putting in a ton more work than I wanted. I only had fun writing them in one game, EQ. There are a few things I want to do/am going to do if I come back.
1. I would like someone out there who is good at designing shit to make me a banner and some buttons strictly related to Everquest. Same sizes are a must as what is displayed up there. If you're smart enough to figure out the sizes and make them for me without asking me what the sizes are you're the guy I am looking for!
2. I am going to make guides for you on Everquest, no other games. In fact I would like to take down all my buttons and have them remade to each Expansion and I could spend time seperating and creating guides for each release.
3. I will tediously go through each guide and update them accordingly.
4. All old guides for all old games can and will still be accessable through a button, ill probably just mash them all together. Most of their traffic is google searches anyway and If I plan to go all EQ, yolo as the kids say.
5. I will create a leveling guide for each era, update tradeskill guides and create leveling locations probably before each expansion is released.
Like I said, I am going to be doing this for fun, not for profit because my website doesn't really even make me much anymore. You silly guys and your adblock you never unblock anyone's ads. Websites like Allakhazam and I think even Eqresource run on that. Even though Alla's has their premium membership. I can see within 10 years adblock is just gonna be built into every damn thing. You won't even be able to get an ad pop up on a damn porn website with internet explorer. Shit's gonna be nuts.
And I figure unless Daybreak makes campaigns really cool, what is left in it for EQ? Everyone is here, this server restabilized the entire economy of Everquest. We're all in it until at least GoD like always. Then we're done and what's next? Campaigns and stuff? Death?
If there's a PoP locked server.. Well. *sunglasses emoji*