Prophecy of Ro (PoR) Baking Guide
For Baking I would recommend you save the skill points and just start out with making Fish Rolls. Baking is one of the easier tradeskills to raise and also one of the more rewarding in my opinion. Throughout the years people are always going to want Stat food and of course as you could imagine the stat food that you can make will only become better with time.
Before you go nuts and start Baking up a storm - I recommend you stop at 50 - 99 Baking and complete the Baking Trophy Quest if you plan to take this Tradeskill stuff seriously! It isn't required you do it now but it'll save you mucho time later on if you take some time to finish it in the early levels of your Tradeskill.
Fish Rolls 1 - 135
Both of these items are vendor purchased and this recipe is available as far back as Classic EQ which makes this my favorite route to take from 1 - 135.
Pinemyer Pasta 135 - 191
For this recipe the Noodles you need will have to be made through some sort of eggs. The best eggs to farm for them are Basilisk Eggs from northern Lavastorm Mountains. I highly recommend checking The Bazaar for them too, people sometimes farm them to sell them.
Jaggedpine Stir Fry 190 - 240
This is a pretty good route if you aren't looking to spend so much time in Plane of Justice foraging up the Fruits. Plant Shoots will be the hardest thing to obtain for this recipe and one thing that's nice about them is you can save any left overs you get for Cheesy Vegetable Casserole later!
Planar Fruit Pies 190 - 280
This is one of the most direct routes available to you and one of the easiest considering the hardest thing to get for this recipe would be the Planar Fruit and Celestial Essence. If you are someone who has Forage all you have to do is hang around in Plane of Justice for awhile and foraging up some fruits. I also recommend you check the Bazaar every so often for them, you may be able to find a great deal!
Mephit Sandwich 190 - 276
This is a fairly easy for players to complete during the Planes of Power era. Mephit Meat is a very common drop from the Stormrider enemies in Bastion of Thunder which is one of the most frequented PoP zones. If you can't farm it yourself you'd probably be able to get it cheap out of The Bazaar or by setting up a buyer.
This recipe must be completed in a Tanaan Oven.
1 Mephit Meat
1 Loaf of Bread
Jord Meat Pie 190 - 282
Another fairly easy recipe for players to complete during the PoP era. Jord Meat drops off the enemies in the Earth Wing of Bastion of Thunder, one of the most frequented wings of the zone. If you can't farm it yourself you'd probably be able to get it cheap out of The Bazaar or by setting up a buyer.
This recipe must be completed in a Tanaan Oven.
1 Jord Meat
1 Pie Tin
(Most Profitable Route) Hero Sandwich 200 - 295
These are good to make if you're looking to really turn a profit with your Baking skills. I recommend you only start this route at 200 if you can buy a Daybreak Cash potion that gives you a 100% chance to return all materials on a failed combine. Otherwise if you fail a lot you'll just be pissing away money. If you don't have a Daybreak Potion start around 280 when you cap everything else out.
Hero Parts are farmed up in Plane of Valor off the humanoid monsters. You can also find them in The Bazaar.
- After the Gates of Discord expansion pack goes live there's an alternative method to raising every Tradeskill in the game to 54. I believe these quests to be a waste of time, however, they teach you recipes that can't be learned anywhere else and for that reason must be done at least once to reach 350 Baking. If you're interested in learning more about the GoD Tradeskill Quests then follow the link provided.
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Baking Trophy .