Nordenwatch is the Chaos and Empire tier 1 Scenario. The game type played in this scenario is Domination, there are 3 objectives that you can capture, The Lighthouse, the Barracks and the Fortress. The first team to reach 500 or the team with the highest points after 15 minutes wins.
Number of players: 12 v 12
Capture Lighthouse or Barracks: 15 Points
Capture Fortress: 30 Points
Hold Any Objective: 2 Points Per Tick
Kill an Enemy: 5 Points
Duration: 15 Minutes
Levels: 1 - 12
Things To Keep In Mind
- There are 3 Battlefield Objectives in this scenario, in order to win you must capture and hold the Battlefield Objectives to raise your Victory Points to 500.
- Order starts out closest to the Lighthouse and Destruction starts out closest to the Barracks. The Fortress is in the center.
- The Fortress grants more Points per tick then the Lighthouse and Barracks.
- The flag will capture faster the more people standing on it. If more then 6 people are there, then the flag will cap as if only 6 where present. 6 is the cap of speeding up the flag capture.
- If you're a tank or melee its crucial that you fight on the flag.
- If you're a healer its crucial that you keep the people on the flag alive before anyone else (Besides yourself.) The more people standing on the flag the faster you capture it.
This scenario is rather basic, and is usually won more by kills then capping the bases, but if you have a good strategy then you can 3 cap the enemy.
Flanking: Cap the base closest to your spawn point, then head towards the base closest to the enemy and cap that. Allowing them the fortress
Brute Force: Cap the base closest to your spawn point, then head straight to the fortress. Fight the enemy until one team is pushed back and capture the fortress. Hold the fortress and the base closest to your spawn point.
Organized: Cap the base closest to your spawn point, head over to the Fortress and capture that. After you have the Fortress head to the base closest to the enemies spawn point and capture that.
Tanks: Your job is to lead your side into combat. Focus your attacks with the other DPS and you'll be able to quickly take down any target. If you want to be annoying and slow down the enemy bring a healer.
Healers: Focus on keeping your team alive. If you have a tank friend then you should focus on slowing your enemies down. You and the tank go to one of the enemy bases and just duke it out, causing as many enemies stop and join in as possible.
Melee DPS: Try to take out or put pressure on your enemies healers. If you put enough pressure on a healer to the point of where he can only heal himself, otherwise he would die you're doing your job perfectly.
Ranged DPS: You're the bread and butter of this scenario. Stay in the brush, behind rocks, on top of buildings and just pick off your targets from a distance.
Maximizing Renown Earned
If you're a healer constantly heal anyone who is taking damage. I find the best way to "Mindlessly" earn Renown is keep hitting tab and using a HoT on everyone. As ranged DPS, find a safe location and pick off your enemies from a distance, find a target and just keep nuking him until he is dead.
Estimated XP Per Game (Loss): 3163xp
Estimated Renown Per Game (Loss):107
Estimated XP Per Game (Win): 6498xp
Estimated Renown Per Game (Win): 301
Map of Nordenwatch
Rank 1, 25 and 50 Fragments, Curios, Gold Dust and Containers (Scavenging)
Scattered Greens from Levels 5-8
Decimator Set Gear
Soldier's Medallions (Very Uncommon)