The Howling Gorge is a Greenskin and Dwarf tier 4 scenario. This scenario is only available when "Black Crag" is contested. This scenario is very similar to Talabec Dam, the main objective is to grab the Powder Keg and blow up your enemies objective. The first team to reach 500 points or the team with the most points after 15 minutes wins.
Number of players: 12 v 12
Things to Keep In Mind
- Your main objective is to blow up your enemies objective. Just like Talabec Dam, you have 60 seconds to deliver the powder keg. Make sure you are running the right way.
- The objective Order has to blow up is to the south, the objective Destruction has to blow up is to the north.
- If you're a healer you can position yourself up on top of rocks, so the opposing realm can't get you and heal your team mates. Ranged DPS can do the same
- Try to allow the tank to pick up the bomb, this will make sure your bomb carrier is very durable.
- It's smart to leave one or two people in the center to quickly grab the bomb when it respawn's after its planted.
- When the 60 seconds expires the person holding the bomb will blow up and everyone around him will be shot a very far distance away.
This scenario is focused around blowing up your enemies objective. So you can only play two parts Offense, or Defense.
Offense: This means your team has the bomb. Grab the bomb and run towards your enemies objective. Keep in mind you only have 60 seconds to make this delivery, or ITS FREE! (Yeah bad humor I know.) Don't stop and smell the flowers or kill the enemies focus on blowing up their objective. Your team should be focusing on killing anyone who gets in your way or slowing anyone down who gets in your way.
Defense: If your enemy has the bomb then you need to focus on slowing down their flag runner and or killing him. Keep in mind that after 60 seconds he explodes, so you don't HAVE to kill him, just slow him down and prevent him from planting the bomb.
Tanks: Your job will be to grab the bomb in this scenario and run it to the opposing teams dam. I think you know what happens then. If you're not the bomb runner, don't forget you can use your knock back moral ability to shoot the enemies away from the person carrying the bomb.
Melee DPS: Your job is to kill anyone who gets near the bomb runner. If you can't kill them, slow them down with any snare that you have.
Ranged DPS: Your job is slow slow people down as well who get near the bomb runner. Don't forget you have a knock back ability, this will come in handy.
Healers: You will be healing the Bomb runner, yourself, other healers and then the DPS.
Maximizing Renown Earned
Usually this SC is a turtle fest in the middle right over top of the Powder Keg. Usually there is nothing more you can do at this point then to fight and assist your team. Sometimes your team will push the enemies team to their starting point, at this time you're free to run the powder kegs. Otherwise the only thing you can try and do is persuade your team to run the keg.
Estimated XP Per (Loss): 10236xp
Estimated Renown Per (Loss): 627
Estimated XP Per (Win): 14236xp
Estimated Renown Per (Win): 1236
Map of Howling Gorge
Rank 125, 150, 175, 200 Fragments, Curios, Gold Dust and Containers
Level 35-40 Greens
Annihilator Set Gear
If you find anything wrong with the guide on this page or if you just have a comment about it please feel free to leave it below!