Rain of Fear Pottery Guide
Pottery allows the player to make a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. There's such a wide range of things that it would be impossible to describe it all here =P - Much like with the other Tradeskills I have chosen a rather direct route to maxing out Pottery which will save the player a lot of time. If you'd like a less expensive route, try a Pottery guide from an earlier expansion.
I also strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process. It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill.
Before you get super into Pottery and pass 99 skill level I strongly recommend you visit West Freeport and complete the Apprentice Pottery Test. This quest will reward you with the Pottery Trophy which is extremely useful for those looking to maximize their potential in this Tradeskill.
Alternative Route: SoD Pottery Guide Chronal Resonance Dust and Sunshard Ore are used & you create Power Sources instead of vendor trash.
Planar Infused Clay 1 - 108
We will need these for later on so save all of them that you make.
1 Large Block of Magic Clay
1 Planar Energy Shard
1 Water Flask
I'm going to warn you one last time before the guide continues to stop raising Pottery and complete the Pottery Trophy quest! Once you max out your Pottery the quest arguably takes 10x longer to complete than it does at the lower Tradeskill levels.
Planar Clay Fire Seal 108 - 300
This is generally the best route you can take 100 - 300. There are other Planar Clay seals you can make, they all require 1 Planar Infused Clay and 1 High Quality Firing Sheet but the third material varies. I chose this one randomly pretty much so if you'd like to create another archetype seal that's up to you.
1 Gnomish Heat Source
1 High Quality Firing Sheet
1 Planar Infused Clay
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Pottery Trophy.