Rain of Fear Brewing Guide
Brewing is an excellent Tradeskill for those out there looking to make drink that increases your attributes! Brewing offers more than just stat boosting drinks, it also allows you to brew up some Alcohol to get smashed with! Alcohol doesn't have many practical uses in EQ except you'll need to raise it for a few esoteric encounters throughout the game (like a mission in Neriak CoTF X-pac). Along with the aforementioned goodies Brewing also covers some potions that didn't fit into Alchemy.
This route covers one of the more costly ways to raise the Tradeskill but it's one of the most direct approaches available to you. In some cases, depending on your server, you'll be able to sell a lot of what you make which of course is always nice! I strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process.
It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill.
Alternate Route: If Dream Dust is cheaper on your server then you may want to consider following my HoT Brewing Guide instead!
Alternate Route: If Chronal Resonance Dust isn't expensive on your server then you may want to consider my SoD Brewing Guide instead!
Jumjum Spiced Beer 1 - 162
This route can be done entirely through vendor bought stuff and it'll cover the first half of Brewing. It's highly recommended you stop Brewing before 100 and complete the Beginner's Brewing Test. The further you raise brewing before acquiring your Tradeskill Trophy the more tedious the quests become!
I'm going to warn you one last time before the guide continues to stop raising Brewing and complete the Brewing Trophy quest! Once you max out your Brewing the quest arguably takes 10x longer to complete than it does at the lower Tradeskill levels.
Planar Overdose 150 - 300
It was mentioned earlier in the guide, it's strongly recommended you use a Draught of the Craftsman for this part. You'll be able to sell the Planar Overdoses that you make and have left over so using a Draught of the Craftsman here should greatly decrease your profit loss.
If I had to guess I would estimate it to take 3,000 Planar Energy Shards to max out your Brewing 150 - 300.
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Brewing Trophy.