Rain of Fear Baking Guide
Baking is an excellent Tradeskill for those looking to make food that increases your attributes. Baking offers a great assortment of different delicacies for you to make which can increase your overall Health, Mana, Attributes and the best food of all also increase your AC! A good tip for those who don't know, you can actually use food that increases your AC on level 1 characters making them extraordinarily powerful for that level!
This route covers one of the more costly ways to raise the Tradeskill but it's one of the most direct approaches available to you. In some cases, depending on your server, you'll be able to sell a lot of what you make which of course is always nice! I strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process.
It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill.
Alternative Route: If Dream Meat is cheaper on your server than Planar Goo I would recommend checking out my HoT Baking Guide instead!
Prepared Planar Goo 1 - 95
You're going to want to save all of these that you make. They're going to be used again in the Planar Donuts that we make later.
Before going further ahead into the Tradeskill it's highly recommended that you stop first to get the Baking Trophy. The Apprentice Baking Test is the easiest and least time consuming of them all to do so it's very wise to stop now and complete it before you reach 300 Baking.
Dried Planar Goo 95 - 148
You will want to skip making the Dried Planar Goo entirely if you use a Draught of the Craftsman and go straight for maxing out on Planar Donuts. This route is also a dead end money making wise - Planar Donuts are arguably always better to do.
Prepared Planar Goo
Planar Donuts 95 - 415
I highly recommend you use the Draught of the Craftsman that I talked about at the start of this guide. You will fail these a lot when you try to make them but Planar Goo generally isn't too expensive which is why I chose this route. You can also sell any Planar Donuts you do make since they have AC on them which makes them one of the more desirable stat foods.
Cup of Sugar
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Baking Trophy .