Prophecy of Ro Fletching Guide
Fletching is a popular Tradeskill amongst Rangers and pullers since they need arrows the most. That's not all you can make with Fletching though! There's many different types of Bows added in during the Planes of Power expansion pack which sell for a butt load since they're used for Tribute turn ins later in the game. What ever reason you're raising the skill, the first 200 or so points will be quite easy for you to do since all of the materials you will be using are vendor purchased.
Before you go nuts and start Fletching up a storm - I recommend you stop at 50 - 99 Baking and complete the Fletching Trophy Quest if you plan to take this Tradeskill stuff seriously! It isn't required you do it now but it'll save you mucho time later on if you take some time to finish it in the early levels of your Tradeskill.
Many combines have been redacted from this guide between the skill levels of 20 and 200. If you'd like to see more options for raising Fletching I recommend you take a look at my Velious Fletching Guide & Planes of Power Fletching Guide.
Fletching 1 - 21
If desired you can speak with your Guildmaster to raise Fletching the first 21 points.
Class 6 Wood Point Arrow 21 - 202
All four of the items you need to make Class 6 Wood Point Arrows are sold by Fletcher Lenvale in the Plane of Knowledge. There's many more vendors that sell all four but that one is likely the universal most easy to access.
Class 7 Ceramic Hooked Arrow 202 - 228
This is a fairly easy combine which is similar to the previous ones we've been skilling up off of. Unlike the previous combines though this one requires Girplan Feathers which are an uncommon drop off any OoW Girplan enemies.
1 Bundled Ceramic Arrow Shafts
1 Girplan Feathers
1 Hooked Arrowhead
(Direct Route) Rough Shadewood Compound Bow 202 - 282
This is a very expensive way to raise your skill, but one of the only ones if you're not a Wood Elf or have the diety of Karana.
(Direct Route) Primordial Driftwood Compound Bow 200 - 335
This is one of the best routes you can do considering these bows have some of the highest tribute value in the entire game. You'll be able to sell them in The Baz once Tribute is introduced even better than you can sell them right now. No matter what route you take for Fletching it's going to be time consuming and expensive with a lot of outside farming required.
*All items drop in Plane of Water/Reef of Corinav*
(Direct Route) Nightmarewood Compound Bow 200 - 335
As with the aforementioned bow, you can sell these in The Bazaar during PoP and after PoP for even more since Tribute gets introduced into the game soon. It may take awhile but you should make back a lot of the money spent on making bows if you choose to raise your Fletching in PoP.
*All items drop in Plane of Nightmare*
- After the Gates of Discord expansion pack goes live there's an alternative method to raising every Tradeskill in the game to 54. I believe these quests to be a waste of time, however, they teach you recipes that can't be learned anywhere else and for that reason must be done at least once to reach 350 Fletching. If you're interested in learning more about the GoD Tradeskill Quests then follow the link provided.
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Fletching Trophy.